|West Bengal is
India's 12th largest state. The state stretches from the foot hills of
Himalayas in the north to the Bay of Bengal in the south.
Bengal, indeed , a proud land of no less than four
Nobel Laureates (Tagore, Raman, Ronald Ross, Mother Teressa) is also known for its sweet
Bengali language, appreciative audiences, connoisseurs of art and culture and for a highly
cultured people who are ready to standup for a cause and take problems in their stride as
they step towards a future. With no illusions, no false expections but a deep conviction
that life is truth and truth will triumph.
for : Bengali Sweets, Cotton Sarees, Leather & Footwear.
Places of Interest of West Bengal:
- Bakreshwar-Hot springs, Hindu
pilgrim center, Temples.
- Calcutta-Howrah bridge, gardens,
Museums, Hindu & Jain Temples, Underground Metro Railway.
- Darjiling- Major hill resort,
Trekking, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute.
- Siliguri-Toy train to Darjiling,
base to visit Bhutan & Nepal by road.
- Diamond Harbor-Riverine picnic
- Kalimpong-Hill station,
Plantations, Handicrafts, Handlooms
- Shanti Niketan-Tagore's Viswa
Bharathi University of Fine Arts, Cultural festivals.
- Sunderbans-Wild life sanctuary,
- Major Towns: Calcutta, Siliguri, Darjiling,