Kunkeshwar is a village in Maharashtra, India.This town is situated on the bank of Arabian Sea. There is a temple for the Hindu deity Shiva in the town. This temple is holy place in Konkan, and is also known as Konkan Kashi. Kunkeshwar is built along the sea. Kunkeshwar produces Alphonso mangoes.Kunkeshwar is located in the Sindhudurg district. Kunkeshwar is 16kilometers away from Devgarh, 54 kilometers from Malvan and 60 kilometers from Kankavli. The nearest railway station is in Nandgaon which is approximately 42 kilometers away from Kunkeshwar.
HISTORY OF KUNKESHWAR
The temple of Kunkeshwar was built many years back. According to legend, a sailor traveling in the sea for trade came near the beach of Kunkeshwar. Suddenly a havoc appeared in sea. The sailor was a Muslim. The ship seemed to sink in the sea. He saw a lamp on that beach. He prayed to that lamp Ï don’t know who you are. But if you will help me and stop the havoc I will build a temple for you”. And his ship came to the seashore of Kunkeshwar without any problem. He built the temple as promised. The Lingam was already there. As the Sailor was a non-Hindu, he thought that his religion will not accept him. Therefore he committed suicide from the top of temple.
Getting There :
Nearest Airport – Dabolim (170 kms), Belgaum (211 kms), Hubli (285 kms)
Nearest Railway Station – Kankavli (52 kms), Kudal (68 kms), Ratnagiri (107 kms)
FACILITIES INCLUDED :
Cancellation Rules :
* If you cancel w ithin 0-3 days prior to the arrival date you will be charged 100% of your booking amount.
* If you cancel w ithin 4-7 days prior to the arrival date you will be charged 25% of your booking amount.
* If you cancel more than 8 days prior to the arrival date you will be charged 10% of your booking amount.
* For Refund through credit card 5% bank charges applicable.
Prepone/Postpone Rules :
* Amendment not permitted within 0-3 Days prior to the arrival date.
* For first amendment, you will be charged 10% of your booking amount as amendment charges.
* For second amendment, you will be charged 25% of your booking amount as amendment charges.
* For subsequent amendment, you will be charged 100% of your booking amount as amendment charges.
Please provide following details for CONFIRM Booking which is Mandatory for MTDC Booking
Full Name /Address /With Mobile No
Important Documents :
* Foreign nationals are required to present their Passport and valid visa. Indian nationals can present any one of the following: Passport, Driving License, Voter ID card or PAN card
* Senior Citizens availing the ‘Senior Citizens Discount’ need to present valid Age Proof at the time of check-in.